Tinnitus Specialist in Brooklyn, Queens & Long Island, NY
5-Star-Rated Care Helps Stop the Ringing So You Can Start Enjoying Life Again
Do you frequently or constantly hear ringing, buzzing, whooshing, or other unwanted sounds in your ears? Does the sound bother you enough that it’s affecting the quality of your social life and other activities? If so, then you may be suffering from tinnitus. In medical terms, tinnitus is the sensation of hearing sounds in your ear when no external sound exists. It has been described as ringing, hissing, buzzing, whistling, or roaring, and it’s present in about 73% of people with some form of hearing loss. Since 2000, our tinnitus specialist in Brooklyn, Queens, and Long Island, NY, has helped thousands of people find relief from tinnitus.
What Causes Tinnitus?
Tinnitus won’t cause you to lose your hearing, but it is a leading indicator of hearing loss, even mild hearing loss. While the exact cause of tinnitus is not known, there are sources that can trigger it and make it worse. These include:
- Loud noises and hearing loss – Exposure to loud noises can destroy the non-regenerative cilia (tiny hairs) in the cochlea, causing permanent tinnitus and/or hearing loss.
- Aging – The natural aging process can cause the same cilia to gradually deteriorate, which can lead to tinnitus and/or hearing loss.
- Ototoxic medications – Medications such as antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, and antidepressants can be harmful to the inner ear and the nerve fibers connecting the cochlea to the brain.
- Hearing conditions – Disorders like otosclerosis and Ménière’s disease can cause tinnitus.
- Health conditions – Cardiovascular disease, hypertension, stress, and head injuries can also cause symptoms of tinnitus.
Is There A Cure?
There is currently no cure for tinnitus but the American Tinnitus Association recommends counseling and sound therapy as effective ways to get relief.
Our experienced, compassionate audiologists can help recommend a course of action to deal with this persistent problem, including using FDA-approved Tinnitus Therapy options to treat and reduce your tinnitus.
Learn More About our Tinnitus Specialist in Brooklyn, Queens & Long Island, NY, Today!
If you’re ready to get back to enjoying the sounds of the world around you, click here or call (516) 464-7148 to request your Complimentary New Patient Screening. Your no-obligation appointment includes:
- A free hearing screening
- A review of your medical history
- An in-depth discussion of your hearing loss concerns & goals
- An explanation of our process
Our team will take the time to answer all your questions about our hearing rehabilitation treatments, our office, our flexible payment options, and anything else that you would like to know about us!
Our doctors and team at ClearSound Hearing Centers provide 5-star-rated hearing care to patients in Brooklyn, Queens, Bethpage, Lake Ronkonkoma, Forest Hills & North Babylon, NY, and surrounding areas.